Monday, September 12, 2011

Making toast

Let me preface this with Mr. Oh's inital surprise that a toaster oven can make toast.  When he was wondering how I can eat toast in the morning, I pointed to the toaster oven and told him, in the most non-condescending way possible, that the toaster oven can make toast.  Now, I can understand if you've never used a toaster oven, not every home has one. But it wasn't so much if he never used one as to how he went about making toast with it.
The buttons aren't clearly labelled with words, but rather pictures which I think were common sense pictures. 
Still, perhaps some confusion can take place.
This is how it went down:
I'm getting ready to go to work in the morning and as I'm getting changed I hear strange sounds coming from outside my room.  At this point I had no idea that Mr. Oh was up as I was in the shower. Regardless, I proceeded to find out what was going on.
I see Mr. Oh attempting to remove a plate from the toaster oven with his bare hands with little success.
I walk over to see that he put 2 pieces of bread on the plate.  At this point, I had to stop him as he kept on trying to remove the plate from the toaster oven still with his bare hands.  Looking at him in disbelief I grab a dish towel to remove the plate.  The plate was HOT.
After removing the plate from the oven, I asked him what he was doing or at least attempting to do.  He explains to me he wanted toast. OK, fine.  I then look at the settings. The toaster oven was set to bake and he set it up at 400 F.  Thereafter, I show him the pictures on the toaster oven.  He immediately recognizes the toast picture.  Why he didn't recognize it earlier was beyond me.
Ok, so he made a simple mistake, but here's the kicker.  I grabbed another plate to put the untoasted bread on and on the bottom side of the toast (face down on the plate), the bread was buttered.
Once again, baffled, I asked him why the bread was buttered before.  He replied that he wanted buttered toast.  I then asked him, if ever he buttered the bread before putting it into a toaster or otherwise.  He replies no. Following that I asked him what made him think that he should butter the bread before putting it into the toaster oven.  He says "I don't know".  I didn't have an answer either.
Oh Mr. Oh......

1 comment:

  1. Can I also share stories too. The one with the face mask and nice subtle soft skin

    ReplyDelete