Monday, September 19, 2011

Random things Mr. Oh did this past weekend

I like Mr. Oh.
Particularly his behaviour.
He also comes up with some crazy ideas!
He comes to me after he finishes work (he works until 11pm daily, with one day off and usually doesn't get home until 12) and proposes an idea to me about a method of connecting businesses with potential employees.  Generally speaking, I try to encourage him in some of his ideas.  Most of them make sense with little risk overall, but as a result, they're also not millionaire making ideas.  This one though is a little tough to encourage as it deals mostly with innocent but illegal activity (if that's even possible).  Without revealing too much, when he told me the idea, I tell him that he is proposing something potentially illegal and can affect many businesses and lives.  He responds in silence and with a look which can only be described as enlightened consternation (today is oxymoron day!).  It never occurred that the premise of the idea is illegal in nature.

The next day, my friends and I come home from a night out (links to the restaurant and band at the end of the post, which I highly recommend the readers check out).  He's home already and he hears us come in.  He comes out to say Hi and then goes back into his room.  The door to his room is open and he begins to turn up the song "Lean on me" and at which point he begins to sing along the chorus really loudly.  Now this is strange in itself, but what adds humor to it is the broken tone and heavy Korean accent in which he sings it.  Immediately after the chorus, both the music and Mr. Oh go silent.

He eats a cupcake from a pack of hand selected gourmet cupcakes I bought for my girlfriend.  I didn't specifically tell him he couldn't eat them, but I did state very specifically that they were for her.  I couldn't get really upset about it.  Its Mr. Oh afterall.

Mr. Oh is a very nice fellow.  My laundry was in the drier and when completed.  He proceeds to take it out and rather then putting it in my room as I asked him to, he puts it in his.  I didn't understand that one too much.

Anyways, that's some of the things that went down this weekend with Mr. Oh.

Restaurant: Barque Smokehouse-excellent gourmet BBQ house
Band: Badbadnotgood-Chillout Electric Jazz

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes .... hmmmm ...
    Sounds like after this song he had the nostaligic feeling of wanting something sweet so he ate the cupcake. Now that I step back maybe he felt a little left out that he was not invited (or could make it) to your ShinDig. The stages of depression? 1. Self Pity (Lean on me), 2.Resentment (eating the forbidden cupcake), 3. Guilt (starting the laundry), 4. Reminder of Abandonment (taking laundry back into his own room).

    Just saying ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - this was an amazing post, followed by an amazing comment. i seriously was trying so hard not to crack up when he was singing to "Lean on Me." hahahahhaha. He was also listening to that Nelly and Kelly Rowland song, "My Boo" when we woke up on Saturday. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H to the Vizzo also has a Mr. Oh story which is hilarious. I'll get him to post it.

    ReplyDelete